National Sports Federations which do not disclose details of their events, selection criteria and audited accounts among other things on their website by November 30 risk being derecognised, the Sports Ministry has warned on Friday.
The Ministry has asked the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and NSFs to suo-moto disclose, on their websites, the details of various activities carried out by them such as events conducted, selection criteria, core probables, audited accounts and constitution.
“The Ministry has noticed that only a few NSFs have fully complied with the directions. Some NSFs and IOA have partly complied, as all the information has not been placed by them on their website. Some NSFs have either not placed any information or do not have websites,” the Ministry said in a statement.
“IOA and NSFs have again been advised by the Ministry to take necessary steps to fully comply with the instructions on suo-moto disclosure. Last date for completion of the task is 30.11.2016 failing which renewal of recognition of the concerned NSFs for the year 2017 may be reviewed by the Ministry,” it added.
Sports Minister Vijay Goel has said that this will bring transparency in working of sports federations.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review