Dipika Pallikal stumbled on the final hurdle against Egyptian teenager Nour El Sherbini in the title clash of the Women’s Champion Fiberglass Texas Open here on Monday.
Eyeing maiden major title of her career, world No 12 Dipika faltered against the 18-year-old qualifier 7-11, 11-5, 7-11 to lose in 48 minutes.
The 22-year-old Dipika was celebrating the biggest Tour final of her career – while world junior champion El Sherbini was continuing the form of her life which had seen the youngster reach last month’s WSA World Championship final after upsetting world No 1 Nicol David.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Chennai girl had earlier packed off eighth-ranked Madeline Perry in the semi-final but failed against the 13th-ranked Egyptian.
The match brought to a climax a sensational week for El Sherbini of Alexandria, who removed three seeds – including Malaysia’s event favourite and world No7 Low Wee Wern -en-route to the final of the WSA Gold 50 event at The Downtown Club at the Met.
El Sherbini was quick to share her joy with her Facebook fans.
“So happy to win my 4th and my biggest title in my career in the Texas Open -it’s been an amazing week here started from the first round of the qualification,” she posted on her facebook page.