Dipika Pallikal stumbled on the final hurdle against Egyptian teenager Nour El Sherbini in the title clash of the Women’s Champion Fiberglass Texas Open here on Monday.
Eyeing maiden major title of her career, world No 12 Dipika faltered against the 18-year-old qualifier 7-11, 11-5, 7-11 to lose in 48 minutes.
The 22-year-old Dipika was celebrating the biggest Tour final of her career – while world junior champion El Sherbini was continuing the form of her life which had seen the youngster reach last month’s WSA World Championship final after upsetting world No 1 Nicol David.
The Chennai girl had earlier packed off eighth-ranked Madeline Perry in the semi-final but failed against the 13th-ranked Egyptian.
The match brought to a climax a sensational week for El Sherbini of Alexandria, who removed three seeds – including Malaysia’s event favourite and world No7 Low Wee Wern -en-route to the final of the WSA Gold 50 event at The Downtown Club at the Met.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
El Sherbini was quick to share her joy with her Facebook fans.
“So happy to win my 4th and my biggest title in my career in the Texas Open -it’s been an amazing week here started from the first round of the qualification,” she posted on her facebook page.