India’s top squash player Dipika Pallikal Karthik went down against qualifier Mariam Metwally of Egypt in the first round of the Wadi Dagla Open, a PSA world tour event, at Cairo on Monday.
Dipika squandered a two-game advantage to go down 11-5, 11-9, 6-11, 7-11, 8-11 to the Egyptian in a dramatic opening round match of the squash event which is being held alongside the men’s world championship.
The seventh seeded Indian, who is ranked 19 in the PSA list, was surprised by the determined approach of the Egyptian player, ranked 31.
Still with two games in the kitty, Dipika seemed well on course. The change came there as a slip turned into a slide and the Egyptian made the best of the situation to carve out the win in just under an hour.
With Dipika’s exit, the Indian presence in this event ended.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest