Narsingh Yadav’s attempt at getting justice in the failed dope test case got a shot in the arm when the Central Bureau of Intelligence (CBI) registered a case on Tuesday.
The wrestler has been asking for CBI intervention in the failed dope test case that first saw him clash with NADA officials and then eventually he was barred from competing by the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) at the Rio Olympics a day before his bout.
Narsingh and Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) have maintained that he’s a victim of sabotage with someone mixing banned substance in his food or water at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) facilities in Sonepat.
“The WFI president had sought a CBI enquiry in the matter in his meeting with the Prime Minister on his return from Rio. The matter has now been referred to the CBI,” the federation confirmed last month.
Narsingh had filed a criminal complaint against junior wrestlers for adulteration of his food before leaving for Rio but nothing of substance was done since then. This possibly led to his undoing with CAS questioning lack of action in nabbing the guilty.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Narsingh had gone to the Olympics after getting clearance from the international wrestling federation but couldn’t participate after CAS order came hours before his bout. He was scheduled to compete in the 74kg freestyle wrestling category with Sushil Kumar also providing strong resistance for the same.