Narsingh Yadav’s attempt at getting justice in the failed dope test case got a shot in the arm when the Central Bureau of Intelligence (CBI) registered a case on Tuesday.
The wrestler has been asking for CBI intervention in the failed dope test case that first saw him clash with NADA officials and then eventually he was barred from competing by the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) at the Rio Olympics a day before his bout.
Narsingh and Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) have maintained that he’s a victim of sabotage with someone mixing banned substance in his food or water at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) facilities in Sonepat.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The WFI president had sought a CBI enquiry in the matter in his meeting with the Prime Minister on his return from Rio. The matter has now been referred to the CBI,” the federation confirmed last month.
Narsingh had filed a criminal complaint against junior wrestlers for adulteration of his food before leaving for Rio but nothing of substance was done since then. This possibly led to his undoing with CAS questioning lack of action in nabbing the guilty.
Narsingh had gone to the Olympics after getting clearance from the international wrestling federation but couldn’t participate after CAS order came hours before his bout. He was scheduled to compete in the 74kg freestyle wrestling category with Sushil Kumar also providing strong resistance for the same.