Indian boxing got a new lease of life when the state boxing associations of 26 states joined hands to form Boxing India in April 2014. The body is now holding elections to form a new executive committee.
The association received provisional approval from the International Boxing Association (AIBA), in May 2014. The Indian Boxing Federation was banned by AIBA in December 2012 after failing to elect proper office bearers.
Boxing India called a meeting of all the state boxing associations after getting provisional the AIBA approval and have decided on a comprehensive five year action plan to revive the sport in India and form the national federation.
Mr. Sandeep Jajodia, (Chairman & Managing Director, Monnet Ispat and Energy Limited) one of the former sponsors of the Indian Boxing Federation expressed his happiness in receiving support form most state associations and ensured that Boxing India would do its best in getting the sport back on track. He also said that BI will provide a platform for young boxers to shine at the international level.
In another statement World Series Boxing’s India franchisee rights holder Mr. Udit Sheth said “This is a very historic moment as 26 states gather to form Boxing India. Supported by a formidable team, Boxing India aims to reinvent and re position the sport of boxing with a more professional approach. We want to implement a strong system that will nurture the dearth of talent in India and permeate to the grassroots of the country.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With the new federation in the making, boxers and aspiring youngsters can look forward to a brighter future for the sport in India.
“Our proposal has received positive feedback from most of the state associations who are extremely hopeful for a brighter future for boxing.” Mr Sheth added.