The newly-formed Boxing Federation of India (BFI) is planning to set up a National Boxing Academy at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in the capital.
At the send-off ceremony for the youth boxers headed for the World Championships in St Petersburg, Russia, BFI President Ajay Singh also unveiled his plans of developing infrastuture for the sport.
“We will set up a world-class boxing academy at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium. We have already had discussionswith the Sports Authority of India,” Singh said.
Also present was Manjushree Roy, SAI’s Assistant Director (Media) and she said the body would support the plan.
“We will give all the support that is needed for this initiative. I would be glad to have a world-class academy at this stadium,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The BFI, which was voted to office in September, has already got the recognition from the Sports Ministry and the International Boxing Association (AIBA).
It is awaiting affiliation from the Indian Olympic Association, which has referred the matter to a committee.
The new federation will be conducting the National Championships for women from November 19 to 24 in Haridwar and for men from December 8 to 13 in Guwahati.
The BFI will be giving away prize money to medal winners at both the Nationals.