Boxer Manoj Kumar has filed a case at the Delhi High Court seeking to set aside the decision taken by the Arjuna Award selection committee not to consider him for the coveted honour and the matter will come up on Tuesday, his lawyer said.
Manoj’s lawyer said that the petition also sought to stay conferment of the Arjuna Award till the case is decided.
“We have sought to set aside the decision of selection committee not to consider Manoj for the award and also to constitute a new selection panel with more sportspersons in it,” Manoj’s lawyer Rahul Mehra told PTI.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“We have also sought to stay the presentation of the award itself till our case is decided,” he said.
Sports Ministry, Sports Authority of India and the Arjuna Awards selection committee have been made the parties in the case.
The controversial recommendation of boxer Jai Bhagwan for the prestigious Arjuna Awards had led to Manoj approaching the sports ministry officials whom he said had assured him that his name would be added to the 15-athlete list in a review meeting.
But the selection committee in its review meeting on August 19 decided not to make any changes in the original list, which led to Manoj filing a case at the Delhi High Court.