India’s Ayonika Paul clinched her maiden international medal as a senior shooter by settling for a bronze in the 10m air rifle event of the ISSF World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia.
Continuing her excellent run of form this season, the 21-year-old Ayonika finished third in the qualification round with a score of 417.3.
She went on to shoot a score of 185.3 in the final to clinch the bronze medal.
“This is my first ever World Cup medal and I am really happy. I must thank NRAI for their support. I also want to specially thank Olympic Gold Quest for their wonderful support to me. They have sent me quite a few times to Austria for training stints under world renowned coach Thomas Farnik which has really improved my technique,” an elated Ayonika said.
“I also work with Olympic Gold Quest sports psychologist Vaibhav Agashe and sports medicine specialist Dr Nikhil Latey. They have both made a big difference to my confidence and fitness.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The 2012 Olympic Champion, China’s Yi Siling, won the gold medal, ending up on the highest step of the podium with a total score of 209.6 points. Wu Liuxi took the second place with 207.6 points.
Ayonika has had a very consistent season. She finished sixth in the World Cup in USA earlier this year. Her consistency has been rewarded with not just her first ever World Cup medal but also a place in the top 10 of the world rankings. Ayonika is currently ranked ninth in the world.