Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal reviewed the preparations for the Men’s National Boxing Championship, to be held in Guwahati from December 8 to 13.
According to an official release, Sonowal reviewed the preparations and urged the representatives of Boxing Federation of India to maintain high sporting standards at the event, which will be held at Sarusajai Indoor Stadium.
Sonowal said that the State Government was putting up efforts to make Guwahati as the Boxing Qualifying Venue for the next Olympics and the proposed event was a precursor to that direction.
The organisers requested the state government for certain infrastructural upliftment of the venue and sought financial assistance for successfully holding the event.
The Chief Minister asked the organisers to submit a formal proposal, highlighting their requirements saying that the government would positively look into their demands.
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
The Championship will see around 400 elite boxers from across India taking part in 10 weight division.