The sports department in Arunachal Pradesh has officially adopted the decision of Chief Minister Pema Khandu of renaming the Chief Minister’s Trophy for Football and Volleyball (men’s and women’s) after martyr Hangpan Dada.
Khandu made this decision during the State Development Council (SDC) meeting convened under his chairmanship here yesterday.
The state-level trophy for football and volleyball, both in men and women categories, would henceforth be called as Hangpan Dada Memorial Trophy.
Havildar Dada, who died in Kupwara on May 27 this year after killing three terrorists, was awarded Ashok Chakra on the eve of Independence Day by President Pranab Mukherjee.
Dada, 36, hailed from Boduria village in Tirap district, was posted in the high mountainous region in North Kashmir since late last year.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The trophy, now renamed in his memory, had been launched at Sangay Lhaden Sports Academy at Chimpu in November 2013 by the then Chief Minister NabamTuki.
The Sports Department holds competitions for men and women from the block level.
The winners of block level competitions then compete in the district level, followed by state level competition.
Finals of the competitions coincide with statehood day celebrations every year.
The meeting was attended by Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Rajesh Tacho, Parliamentary Secretary Nyamar Karbak, Chairman, Sports Authority of Arunachal Gora Makik, Secretary Sports and Youth Affairs Dani Salu, Directors of Sports and Youth Affairs and other departmental officials, the release added.