Their application for permission to enter professional boxing pending with Haryana Police, Akhil Kumar and Jitender Kumar on Friday met the state’s Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar to seek his assistance in the matter.
Akhil and Jitender met Khattar today at the Haryana Bhawan here.
Both the boxers met with the CM to seek permission, to return to the ring and begin their professional career.
The boxers have already applied for the permission with their department, the Haryana Police. They met the Director General Police, Haryana Police, KP Singh, November 7 to request him to grant them permission to join professional boxing.
“It was a pleasure meeting the Honourable Chief Minister of Haryana, Shri Manohar Lal Khattar today. We have submitted a request seeking permission for us to turn towards professional boxing,” Akhil said after the meeting.
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
“We are hopeful that our permission will be granted soon, and we will be able to start our pro boxing training. While in the meeting, we also discussed about the future of professional boxing,” he added.
The Beijing Olympics quarter-finalists are serving DSPs with Haryana Police, and wish to return to the ring, through professional boxing.
The duo has signed up with Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS), the promoters of reigning WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight champion Vijender Singh.
Vijender is also serving with the Haryana Police and followed the same route for permissions to enter professional boxing.