India’s top cueists like Pankaj Advani, Yasin Merchant, Alok Kumar, Manan Chandra, Kamal Chawla, Rafat Habib, Brijesh Dmani, Aditya Mehta, Dharmender Lilly, Saurav Kothari, Sundeep Hulati and Rupesh Shah, Sumit Talwar are likely participants at the Rs. 3.5 lakh prize money SBA Open Snooker Tournament to be held here between May 18 and 25.
The tournament, organized by the Delhi Billiards and Snooker Association at Professional Billiards, 64 WHS Furniture Block Market, Kirti nagar, will be an annual feature and will see an increase in prize money every year. Thirty-two players in eight groups of league fixtures will advance to the knock-out stage of pre-quarter finals, the main draw.
The winner of the tournament will carry home a prize purse of Rs 1 lakh, while the runner-up will receive Rs 50,000. The losing semi finalists will get Rs, 25,000 each and Rs 12,500 each will given to the eight quarter finalists. Even those who make it to the round of 16 will receive at least Rs 5,000 each with those make the main draw cut receiving Rs 3,000 each. There are added attractions for those making the highest break (minimum 100) fetching Rs 10,000.
There 32 players will comprise of invitations extended to the top eight players of India with four to six wild card entries from various states besids six prominent players of Delhi.
The remaining entries will be identified from the preceding qualifying rounds depending on the acceptances of the invitation. There will be 16 qualifiers who will make it to the main draw.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The qualifying rounds will be played on five tables using up to six sessions while the main draw league matches will be played on four table over two days of six sessions each. The pre-quarter and quarter-finals will be played on third day followed by semifinals and final on the last day.