India’s top cueists like Pankaj Advani, Yasin Merchant, Alok Kumar, Manan Chandra, Kamal Chawla, Rafat Habib, Brijesh Dmani, Aditya Mehta, Dharmender Lilly, Saurav Kothari, Sundeep Hulati and Rupesh Shah, Sumit Talwar are likely participants at the Rs. 3.5 lakh prize money SBA Open Snooker Tournament to be held here between May 18 and 25.
The tournament, organized by the Delhi Billiards and Snooker Association at Professional Billiards, 64 WHS Furniture Block Market, Kirti nagar, will be an annual feature and will see an increase in prize money every year. Thirty-two players in eight groups of league fixtures will advance to the knock-out stage of pre-quarter finals, the main draw.
The winner of the tournament will carry home a prize purse of Rs 1 lakh, while the runner-up will receive Rs 50,000. The losing semi finalists will get Rs, 25,000 each and Rs 12,500 each will given to the eight quarter finalists. Even those who make it to the round of 16 will receive at least Rs 5,000 each with those make the main draw cut receiving Rs 3,000 each. There are added attractions for those making the highest break (minimum 100) fetching Rs 10,000.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
There 32 players will comprise of invitations extended to the top eight players of India with four to six wild card entries from various states besids six prominent players of Delhi.
The remaining entries will be identified from the preceding qualifying rounds depending on the acceptances of the invitation. There will be 16 qualifiers who will make it to the main draw.
The qualifying rounds will be played on five tables using up to six sessions while the main draw league matches will be played on four table over two days of six sessions each. The pre-quarter and quarter-finals will be played on third day followed by semifinals and final on the last day.