Mary Kom lost a close bout for the women’s 51kg spot in the Indian team for the Commonwealth Games to Pinki Jangra at the trials in Patiala.
After her bronze at the 2012 London Games, Mary had stayed away from competitive boxing for nearly a year-and-a-half.
In that time she had given birth to her third son, been engaged with endorsements, ad shoots and even a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film on her.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mary had not been helped by the timing of the Nationals, which had been postponed from the April to May, throwing her regimen out of order.
Despite the setback, Jangra and national coach Kumar believe Mary will come roaring back in the ring in time for the Asian Games trials in August.
For all her protestations, Mary Kom has vowed to return for the Asian Games and no one doubts her willingness and skill in doing what she says.