Mary Kom lost a close bout for the women’s 51kg spot in the Indian team for the Commonwealth Games to Pinki Jangra at the trials in Patiala.
After her bronze at the 2012 London Games, Mary had stayed away from competitive boxing for nearly a year-and-a-half.
In that time she had given birth to her third son, been engaged with endorsements, ad shoots and even a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film on her.
Mary had not been helped by the timing of the Nationals, which had been postponed from the April to May, throwing her regimen out of order.
Despite the setback, Jangra and national coach Kumar believe Mary will come roaring back in the ring in time for the Asian Games trials in August.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For all her protestations, Mary Kom has vowed to return for the Asian Games and no one doubts her willingness and skill in doing what she says.