India’s Ravichandran Ashwin has jumped to the numero uno position in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test all-rounders by virtue of his stellar show in the first cricket Test against the West Indies at Kolkata.
Ashwin scored 124,his second Test century,and also recorded match figures of 40-11-98-5 to help India register an emphatic innings and 51-run victory over West Indies with more than two days to spare.
The performance at Kolkata not only improved Ashwin’s batting and bowling rankings,but also helped him to leapfrog Shakib Al Hasan and Jacques Kallis into the number-one spot in the all-rounders’ list.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ashwin has earned 81 ratings points and now leads second-placed Shakib by 43 ratings points. In the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen,Ashwin has moved up 18 places to the 45th position,while in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test bowlers,the 27-year-old off-spinner has gained two places and is now sitting in sixth position.
Middle-order batsman Rohit Sharma and fast bowler Mohammed Shami,who made impressive debuts in the Kolkata Test,have also entered the Reliance ICC Player Rankings.
Sharma,who became the 14th Indian batsman to score a century on debut when he struck 177,lies in the 63rd spot in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen,while Shami’s figures of nine for 118 ¿ the most by an Indian fast
bowler on debut has helped him enter in the 53rd place in
Test bowlers chart.
West Indies off-spinner Shane Shillingford and India fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar are the other bowlers to improve their rankings. Shillingford’s figures of six for 167 has put him inside the top 20 in the 17th position for the first time in his career (up by four),while Kumar’s two wickets have helped him move into 87th place (up by 13).The batting chart continues to be headed by AB de Villiers of South Africa,while his team-mate Dale Steyn is the number-one ranked bowler.