India’s Ravichandran Ashwin has jumped to the numero uno position in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test all-rounders by virtue of his stellar show in the first cricket Test against the West Indies at Kolkata.
Ashwin scored 124,his second Test century,and also recorded match figures of 40-11-98-5 to help India register an emphatic innings and 51-run victory over West Indies with more than two days to spare.
The performance at Kolkata not only improved Ashwin’s batting and bowling rankings,but also helped him to leapfrog Shakib Al Hasan and Jacques Kallis into the number-one spot in the all-rounders’ list.
Ashwin has earned 81 ratings points and now leads second-placed Shakib by 43 ratings points. In the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen,Ashwin has moved up 18 places to the 45th position,while in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test bowlers,the 27-year-old off-spinner has gained two places and is now sitting in sixth position.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Sharma,who became the 14th Indian batsman to score a century on debut when he struck 177,lies in the 63rd spot in the Reliance ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen,while Shami’s figures of nine for 118 ¿ the most by an Indian fast
bowler on debut has helped him enter in the 53rd place in
Test bowlers chart.
West Indies off-spinner Shane Shillingford and India fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar are the other bowlers to improve their rankings. Shillingford’s figures of six for 167 has put him inside the top 20 in the 17th position for the first time in his career (up by four),while Kumar’s two wickets have helped him move into 87th place (up by 13).The batting chart continues to be headed by AB de Villiers of South Africa,while his team-mate Dale Steyn is the number-one ranked bowler.