Sergio Perez staged a remarkable recovery to finish sixth from 15th on the grid while Nico Hulkenberg came home ninth to earn 10 points for Sahara Force India from the Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix, in Spielberg on Sunday.
The Silverstone squad could have got a couple of points more had Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo not passed Hulkenberg at Turn 4 on the last lap of the 71-lap race.
With the result at the Red Bull Ring, Force India have scored points in all eight rounds of the season so far.
However, their fourth place in the team standings is under serious threat after Williams amassed 27 points from the race, courtesy a third and fourth finish by Valtteri Bottas and poleman Felipe Massa, respectively.
The Vijay Mallya squad, with 87 points, is only two points ahead of Williams who got past McLaren in the standings to be fifth.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Force India could not have got much more out of their two-stop strategy, considering rivals Williams had a faster car all weekend.
Perez had incurred a five-place grid penalty from the Canadian Grand Prix where he and Massa collided on the last lap.