Mexican driver Sergio Perez has confirmed he will remain with the Force India team for the 2017 Formula One season.
Force India held an option on Perez for 2017, pending the completion of a deal between team, driver and his personal sponsors, headed by Mexican telecommunications firms Telmex and Telcel.
The team confirmed in a statement released after Sunday’s Malaysian Grand Prix that the deal had been agreed.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I’m very happy with this team and I have a good feeling for the future. I’ve seen the progress we’ve made over last couple of years and I’m sure we have the potential to achieve even more going forward,” Perez said in the statement.
“The team knows me well and it’s important to have stability, especially with some big rule changes planned for next year.”
Perez was reportedly a target for Renault, which is chasing an experienced driver for next season, when the cars will undergo major changes due to new design and engine regulations.