Formula One leader Nico Rosberg swept to pole position at the Belgian Grand Prix on Saturday with Mercedes teammate and title rival Lewis Hamilton alongside on the front row after a wet qualifying session. Red Bull’s four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel, last year’s winner at the circuit in the Ardennes forests, qualified in third place and was joined on the second row by Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso.
Rosberg leads 2008 world champion Hamilton by 11 points after 11 of 19 races. The pole was Rosberg’s seventh of the season, with dominant Mercedes taking 11 of the 12 so far, fourth in a row and 11th of his Formula One career. It was also his first at Spa in typically tricky conditions and reinforced his team’s pace, with Rosberg’s pole time of two minutes 05.591 seconds comparing to Vettel’s best lap of 2:07.717.
“It’s awesome. This is one of the most special tracks of the year so to be in front here is great,” said the German. “It’s always difficult on this track in the wet. We have a great car here. We are leading the way. We definitely have really good chances for tomorrow.”
Hamilton, a winner in Belgium in 2010, had been quickest in the second phase of qualifying and the front row start, while not pole, at least ended a long run of qualifying setbacks. “I’m just happy to be up here,” the Briton added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More