Nico Rosberg is set to stay alongside championship leader Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes next season after the dominant Formula One team indicated both drivers were signed up for some time to come.
“We have long-term relationships with both our drivers,” a Mercedes spokesman said, without commenting on a report that the German had signed a new deal keeping him at Mercedes for at least another two years after 2014.
Rosberg, son of 1982 world champion Keke, joined Mercedes from Williams in 2010.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
At the end of 2011 the team announced he had signed a “multi-year contract extension to include the 2013 season and beyond”.
It had been assumed that the 28-year-old’s current contract would expire at the end of this year although there has been regular speculation about an extension in recent months.
Rosberg won the season-opening race in Australia and has finished the last four grands prix as runner-up to Hamilton, who is in his second year at the team after replacing retired seven times champion Michael Schumacher.
Britain’s Hamilton leads Rosberg in the championship by three points ahead of Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix, the sixth race of the year which the German won from pole position in 2013.
Rosberg has won four races for Mercedes with his first in China in 2012.