Italy’s Monza circuit has finally signed a three-year contract to keep the country’s Formula One grand prix on the calendar, organisers said on Tuesday.
The new deal had already been agreed on a handshake with the sport’s commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone at September’s race, when the last one expired, but the signing was delayed by legal wranglings.
“Despite thousands of difficulties and, with a lot of work, we’ve reached the definitive signing of the Monza contract,” said Italian Automobile Club (ACI) president Angelo Sticchi Damiani.
He posted a link on his Twitter feed to a photograph of him and Ecclestone completing the deal.
“With this we have just got rid of the awful idea that after 70 years Italy could lose one of the most prestigious, historic and fascinating car races in the world.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
With the exception of 1980, Ferrari’s home race at Monza has been on the Formula One calendar every year since the championship started in 1950.