Four days after Michael Schumacher woke up to the world from his coma, neurology specialist Erich Riederer has declared that the seven-times Formula One champion “will remain an invalid for the rest of his life”.
“He will remain an invalid all his life and will always remain dependent on others’ help,” Riederer was quoted as saying by The Independent.
Earlier, on June 16, Schumacher left the hospital in Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The 45-year-old German driver was hospitalized with severe head injuries after his Dec. 29 ski accident, which split his helmet as he crashed into rocks on the slope at the Meribel ski resort in the French Alps.
Doctors in Grenoble put him into a coma to rest his brain and decrease swelling, and they operated to remove blood clots, but some were too deeply embedded.
Support for Schumacher poured in from fellow Formula One drivers, sportspersons, fans and well wishers on Twitter. The Mercedes team, for which Schumacher raced in the last three years of his career, posted on Twitter: “Encouraging news on Michael’s condition this morning. We couldn’t ask for a better start to the week. #KeepFightingMichael.” (Read More: Schumacher leaves French hospital)
(with Reuters inputs)