Formula 1 drivers’ championship leader Nico Rosberg has had to ditch plans to put an image of the World Cup on his helmet for the upcoming German Grand Prix following a complaint from FIFA.
The German driver wanted to commemorate his country’s World Cup win with a specially designed helmet that also featured the German colors.
FIFA reportedly complained that featuring the trophy on the helmet would breach its “intellectual property” rights.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Rosberg will race instead with a modified helmet featuring four golden stars, one for each of Germany’s World Cup wins.
“It’s amazing that even a trophy has a trademark,” Rosberg said on Thursday. “I was surprised but of course I understand. It’s a pity because the helmet looked really cool with the trophy on top. It’s been replaced by a big star. No one can take that away. The star belongs to us!”
Earlier the driver tweeted: “a shame,i would have loved to carry the trophy as a tribute to the guys.but of course I respect the legal situation.”
Rosberg leads the championship by four points from Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton.