Formula One team boss and majority shareholder Frank Williams has left hospital after recovering from pneumonia, his daughter and deputy principal Claire Williams said on Thursday.
The 74-year-old, whose team won seven drivers titles and nine constructors’ championships between 1980 and 1997, has been tetraplegic and in a wheelchair since a car accident in France in 1986.
“I’m very pleased and happy to say that he is now back home, back at the factory with us. He came out of the hospital on Monday,” Claire Williams told reporters after announcing the team’s 2017 driver lineup of Finland’s Valtteri Bottas and Canadian teenager Lance Stroll.
“He contracted pneumonia after the Italian Grand Prix at Monza and has been in the hospital since the start of September. It was a slow recovery but…he’s pretty much back to the old Frank we know and love.”
Williams founded the team in 1977 with Patrick Head and has said he has no plans to retire, keeping a close eye on sponsorship and business dealings. Williams Grand Prix Holdings are listed on the Entry Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016