The wins over fancied Germany en route to title triumph in last month’s four-nation Invitational Tournament in Valencia has bolstered the confidence of Indian hockey colts ahead of the upcoming FIH Junior World Cup, feels team’s chief coach Harendra Singh.
Indian junior hockey team beat defending champions Germany with a convincing 5-2 margin to win the four-nation tournament. The Indian colts had also defeated the Germans 3-1 in their opening match of the event.
“I feel beating Germany has made a lot of difference to the team’s confidence. Until now, in the run up to the Junior World Cup, we had not played European teams,” Harendra said on Wednesday.
“We had a good show against Spain where we beat them 3-1 in the league match and 1-0 in the semi-final. Our only loss was against Belgium. But the boys are in good shape and the final two weeks of camp here in Bengaluru will be crucial,” stated the junior team’s chief coach.
He also informed that the final selection trial for the Junior World Cup will be held here on Friday.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Indian hockey colts will begin their campaign at the Junior World Cup against Canada on December 8.