Defending champions Ranchi Rhinos staved off a stiff challenge before prevailing over Kalinga Lancers 3-2 in a league match.
Ranchi scored through Ashley Jackson (6th minute), skipper Moritz Furste (57th) and Amon Tirkey (63th , while Kalinga reduced the margin with the help of Peillat Gonzalo (32nd) and captain Kiel Brown (51th).
Jackson converted the first penalty corner to help the hosts draw first blood in the sixth minute of the match.
Amon Tirkey earned the penalty corner after receiving the ball from right flank and Ashley’s delayed drag got past the goalie, Harjot Singh.
However, the visitors came back to equalise just before the half time in the 32nd minute when Gonzalo Peilleit converted one of the series of penalty corner chances, striking the ball past the goalie after it hit the back of the net.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
After the break, Kalinga took the lead when Lalit dodged a defender and gently passed the ball to Kiel Brown, who didn’t make any mistake in the 51st minute.
However, Ranchi was undettered and Furste brought up the equaliser when he dived and sent the ball to the right corner of the goal. Six minutes later, Ranchi’s Amon Tirkey took the game away from the visitors when he grabbed the ball from Ashley and beat goalie to seal the issue in Rhinos’ favour.