After the glory of winning the Asian Champions Trophy, PR Sreejesh seems to have had the same unpleasant experience that anyone using air travel can be victim to. India’s star custodian uploaded an image on his twitter handle showing a receipt from airline career Air Asia which showed that he was penalised Rs 1500 for excess baggage.
The ‘excess baggage’ was his sports equipment. “Extra charges for the sports equipment bag which come below 15 kg?? Are they expecting me to carry make up kit ??.. funny concept @Air Asia,” Sreejesh tweeted with the screenshot of the penalty receipt.
Being the goalkeeper, Sreejesh’s equipment is expected to be heavier than that of any of his teammates as it includes heavy protective gears like upper body protection, thick pads, gloves and a helmet. On the other hand, outfield players only need to carry their hockey sticks and shin guards.
Sreejesh could not play in the Asian Champions Trophy final against Pakistan in Malaysia but played a vital role in the semi finals against South Korea. The match was tied 2-2 after the two halves and had gone to a penalty shootout. Sreejesh saved the deciding penalty stroke that helped India defeat Korea and set a date with arch rivals Pakistan in the finals.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
— sreejesh p r (@16Sreejesh) 1 November 2016
Despite his absence, India were able to defeat Pakistan through regular play 3-2. Sreejesh has earned praise for his work as India’s chief custodian and is regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the game. Sreejesh said that he dedicated India’s victory to the families of soldiers martyred in the Uri attacks.