An international hockey player of Indian origin has filed a police complaint against national team captain Sardar Singh alleging sexual harassment. The 21-year-old player has filed a written complaint with Ludhiana police.
The woman claimed she has been engaged to Sardar for the past four years and alleged that he “mentally, physically and emotionally tortured” her. She also alleged that Sardar forced her to abort their child in 2015 against her wishes and later refused to marry her.
Ludhiana Police Commissioner P S Umranangal said that a “complaint is being verified” and no FIR has been registered. “The woman has alleged sexual harassment and filed a written complaint against national hockey captain Sardar Singh. The maternal family of the player lives near Bhaini Sahib and the woman has alleged that they met during visits to this religious sect guru. FIR has not been registered as investigation is going on,” he said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
According to the complainant, she met Sardar during the London Olympics and got engaged soon after. However, their relationship had strained for the past few months. She alleged that Sardar “blackmailed” her to abort the child. “I met him during the London Olympics and we got to know each other better after that. We got engaged but in 2015 I got pregnant. He told me to abort the child, which I did against my wishes and without getting support from anyone,” she told The Indian Express. She claimed that she had got in touch with Indian High Commission officials in her country, who advised her to file a police complaint.
She claimed that the India captain abandoned her after the abortion. “He has been ignoring me and has refused to marry me after that incident. He has harassed me emotionally, physically and mentally,” she alleged.
The woman, who has roots in Sirsa, added that she had called police at India’s team hotel during the World Hockey League in Antwerp last year, when Sardar allegedly assaulted her. “I have filed a complaint and hope I will get justice,” she said.