With a winning goal in the dying moments of the game, India registered a thrilling 2-1 win over China in the 4th Women’s Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament in Singapore on Saturday.
Deepika found the back of the net in the 60th minute to hand India the winner, and the title. With just 20 seconds to go for the final buzzer, the striker kept her cool and triggered celebrations back home.
India started the game well and were in front Deep Grace Ekka’s goal in the 13th minute of match. The eves did well to keep the lead at the half-way mark but China bounced back and levelled the scoring with Zhong Mengling in the 44th minute of the match.
The fourth quarter saw both teams come hard at each other in search of the winner but it was Deepika’s heroics which sealed the game for the team.
India were unbeaten in the tournament before they lost to China 2-3 in their final league contest. China occupied the top spot of the standings but India exacted sweet revenge with a win in the final.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More