India have been clubbed alongside arch-rivals and eight-time champions Pakistan in the 10-nation men’s hockey competition at the 17th Asian Games to be held in Incheon, South Korea from September 19 to October 4.
In Pool B, besides defending champions Pakistan and India, the other competing nations are China, Oman and Sri Lanka.
Last edition’s runners up Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, Bangladesh and Singapore complete Pool A.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Meanwhile in the women’s competition, India will compete against title holders China, Malaysia and Thailand in Pool A while the Pool B consists of 2010 runners up South Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan and Hong Kong China.
According to information received here, the complete schedule of the hockey event of the Asian Games will be declared soon.
The Asian Games hold great significance for the hockey nations of the continent as the winners of both the men’s and women’s section will directly qualify for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.