India have been clubbed alongside arch-rivals and eight-time champions Pakistan in the 10-nation men’s hockey competition at the 17th Asian Games to be held in Incheon, South Korea from September 19 to October 4.
In Pool B, besides defending champions Pakistan and India, the other competing nations are China, Oman and Sri Lanka.
Last edition’s runners up Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, Bangladesh and Singapore complete Pool A.
Meanwhile in the women’s competition, India will compete against title holders China, Malaysia and Thailand in Pool A while the Pool B consists of 2010 runners up South Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan and Hong Kong China.
According to information received here, the complete schedule of the hockey event of the Asian Games will be declared soon.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The Asian Games hold great significance for the hockey nations of the continent as the winners of both the men’s and women’s section will directly qualify for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.