India started their campaign at the seventh women’s Junior Asia Cup on a resounding note by humiliating DPR Korea by 13-0 on Saturday.
Without wasting much time, India’s Preeti Dubey opened the scoring in the 11th minute before Jaspreet Kaur successfully converted a penalty corner in the 20th minute to take a 2-0 lead.
- Indian women play out 1-1 draw with South Korea; win series 3-1
- India’s women hockey team beats South Korea 3-1
- India women edge South Korea 3-2
- Australia outplay India 4-2 in Sultan Azlan Shah Cup
- Indian women hockey team beat South Korea 1-0 in Tour opener
- India beat Malaysia 9-1 to enter semi-final of Junior Asia Cup
India kept up the pressure and scored the third goal through a field effort from Navneet Kaur in the 24th minute.
Captain Rani Rampal then scored a field goal in the 28th to make the scoreline 4-0 in favour of the Indians.
Lily penetrated the opponents defence and smacked the fifth goal for India in the 31st minute followed by another field goal by Punam Barla as India went into halftime with a comfortable 6-0 lead.
The Indians continued in the same vein in the second half and pumped in as many as seven more goals.
Rani scored three more field goals in the 43rd, 44th and 46th minutes to register a hat-trick and hand India a 9-0 lead.
Lilima Minz scored a brilliant field goal in the 51st minute before the Indians added three more goals to their account in the 52nd, 64th and 70th minutes respectively.
The ongoing tournament is a qualification event for the FIH Junior World Cup (Women) 2016. India will next play Singapore on Saturday.