India’s Junior women team got the better of hosts Spain 3-2 in a keenly-fought contest at the 5-Nation Invitational hockey tournament here.
In a highly charged encounter, it was the hosts who got the early breakthrough with Clara Ycart’s 15th minute goal giving them the lead.
But India soon hit back via Jyoti in the 28th minute to score the equaliser and take the game into half-time with the score tied at 1-1.
In the second half, India came out all guns blazing and Ritu was quick to extend India’s lead with a Penalty Corner conversion in the 42nd minute.
But the joy was shortlived as Spain were awarded a stroke just two minutes later and Ycart made no mistake from the spot to draw level.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The two teams tussled away in the midfield thereafter, and despite the chances and circle penetrations none of them could breach the rival goal over the next 20 minutes.
In the final 10 minutes of the game, India suddenly improved their level of play and were rewarded in the 62nd minute. Sangita Kumari scored a goal to give India a lead yet again and that proved to be the winner as Spain failed to score another one.
Indian eves will next face Germany on October 27.