India will open their campaign against Canada in the FIH Junior Hockey World Cup to be played in Lucknow from December 8 to 18.
With only one rest day, hockey fans will be treated to 10 days of high-speed, action packed hockey at the Major Dhyan Chand Hockey Stadium. There, the world’s rising stars will battle it out to be crowned junior men’s world champions in what will be one of the most competitive hockey events of the year.
The pool stages will take place between December 8-12 before the classification matches begin on December 14. The medal matches will then be held on December 18.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Besides India taking on Canada, New Zealand and Japan kick-off what will be a hugely entertaining opening day which will also see reigning champions Germany start their title defence against Spain.
Day two highlights include Oceania champions Australia match against Korea, while the game between 2014 bronze medallists Netherlands and Pakistan is sure to offer plenty of excitement.
Super Saturday then follows, with a battle between the Pan-American and Oceania champions Argentina and Australia possibly the pick of the day, followed later by a renewal of an old rivalry between India and England.
Belgium versus Netherlands is bound to offer a few surprises on Sunday, with Pakistan’s match against African junior champions Egypt another crucial game as the pool stages near completion.
Amongst the last matches, some tough challenges await Austria who play Australia, and South Africa who take on India in the concluding game of the pool stage on Monday evening.
India are placed in Group D alongside Canada, South Africa and England.