Mumbai Magicians stunned Uttar Pradesh Wizards 3-2 on the latter’s home turf at the Dhyan Chand Stadium, Lucknow, on Tuesday. Though the result was inconsequential given that the Wizards had already entered the semifinal before this game, but losing to the Magicians, who moved from lowly sixth to fifth after Tuesday’s win, was not the ideal way to finish off the league phase. Incidentally, of the Wizards’ four losses this season, three have come at home.
This was Magicians’ second consecutive win after having registered a 3-2 victory against Kalinga Lancers in their previous match.
Though the Magicians had an upper hand in the first quarter, they could not score. Wizards striker Nithin Thimmaiah broke the stalemate in the 22nd minute through a field goal. However, Gurjinder Singh made full use of a penalty corner awarded to the Magicians nine minutes later to level the scores. Then Prabhjot Singh collected a well-timed pass from the right in the 56th minute and sent the ball into the goal to give the visitors a 2-1 lead.
Magicians skipper Glenn Turner sounded the board five minutes later to consolidate the lead further. Just a minute later UP Wizards captain VR Raghunath succeeded in bringing down the margin to 3-2 off a penalty-corner but no goals were added till the final hooter.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Mumbai Magicians coach MK Kaushik said, “We dominated the match today. Our attack as well as our defence was good. Team captain Glenn Turner’s performance was commendable.”