The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has appointed New Zealand’s Jason McCracken as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
He will take over on February 2017 following confirmation of his appointment on Tuesday.
McCracken will be leaving his role as Head of Insurance and Investment Risk at banking group ANZ to take on his new post at FIH’s headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.
He will replace Kelly Fairweather, who is leaving for the International Tennis Federation after six years in the role.
McCracken is well known to the hockey family having served as an Olympic and World Cup Umpire, FIH Committee Member and Technical Official for over 20-years.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
His most recent appointments were Technical Delegate at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and Tournament Director at the 2014 Men’s Hockey World Cup in The Hague, Netherlands.
He has also served as a Board Member for Hockey New Zealand and has played an important role in the development of hockey, especially umpiring, both within his homeland and internationally.
Having held executive roles across global banking, insurance and financial organisations in New Zealand, Australia and India, his business experience and vast hockey knowledge proved crucial in the recruitment process.
The appointment was made following an extensive global search over several months with FIH President Leandro Negre agreeing on Fairweather’s replacement earlier in October.
Speaking of his appointment, Negre said: “On behalf of the Executive Board, we are delighted to confirm Jason’s appointment. With his incredible hockey knowledge, from grassroots to elite level, combined with his extensive commercial background as a CEO and an Executive General Manager, it was clear he was the stand-out choice.”
McCracken will arrive following the election of the new FIH President, which will take place on November 12 during the 45th FIH Congress in Dubai.