A knee injury he suffered in May last year ruled midfielder Danish Mujtaba out of action for the remaining part of the year and forced him to adopt a cautious approach in the Hockey India League this year.
However, the midfielder is eager to make his presence felt during the Indian team’s Europe tour.
Talking to The Indian Express before leaving for Holland, the 25-year-old said: “I suffered a knee injury on May 6 last year. It took long to recover and I could return to the field after about ten months. Now, I have fully recovered and have been part of the senior men’s camp too.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I had played for India last year during the Azlan Shah hockey tournament. I was the captain of the team. Thereafter, I played in a couple of matches in the HIL this year. Chief coach Terry Walsh had also advised me to play cautiously to avoid further injuries. In most of the HIL matches I sat on the bench as an ‘extra’. Now, after finding a place in the team for the upcoming tour, I want to go all out to cement a place for myself in the national team once again. We have been working hard for the World Cup ahead,” he said.