Opener Smit Patel missed a century by three runs as Gujarat were all out for 396 in 99.1 overs against TNCA President’s XI on the first day of their semi-final match of the Buchi Babu memorial cricket tournament here on Wednesday.
Electing to bat, Smit scored a patient 97-run knock that came off 207 balls with the help of 10 fours and two sixes. He shared 100-run partnership for the first wicket with Samit Gohil (46) in 39 overs.
Apart from Smit and Samit, the other notable contributors with the bat for Gujarat are Pathiv Patel (64), Chirag Gandhi (54), Bhargav Merai (41) and Piyush Tanwar (39).
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
For TNCA President’s XI, medium pacer Sunil Sam caimed five wickets for 95.
Meanwhile in another semi-final, opting to bat on a cloudy weather conditions Assam were all out for 247 in 90.1 overs against Hyderabad.
Assam opener Jamaluddin Syed Mohammed slammed a fine 92 (173b, 6x4s, 5x6s) and Rishav Dev chipped in with 31.
Hyerabad leggie Akash Bhandari (3/79) was the most successful bowler for his team.
Hyderabad were 20 for no loss in eight overs at the draw of stumps.
Assam: 247 all out in 90.1 overs (J Syed Mohammed 92, Rishav Das 31; Akash Bhandari 3/79 vs Hyderabad 20 no loss in 8 overs.
Gujarat: 396 all out in 99.1 overs (Smit Patel 97, Parthiv Patel 64, Chirag Gandhi 54; Sunil Sam 5/95, Rahil S Shah 4/131) vs TNCA President’s XI.