Opener Smit Patel missed a century by three runs as Gujarat were all out for 396 in 99.1 overs against TNCA President’s XI on the first day of their semi-final match of the Buchi Babu memorial cricket tournament here on Wednesday.
Electing to bat, Smit scored a patient 97-run knock that came off 207 balls with the help of 10 fours and two sixes. He shared 100-run partnership for the first wicket with Samit Gohil (46) in 39 overs.
Apart from Smit and Samit, the other notable contributors with the bat for Gujarat are Pathiv Patel (64), Chirag Gandhi (54), Bhargav Merai (41) and Piyush Tanwar (39).
For TNCA President’s XI, medium pacer Sunil Sam caimed five wickets for 95.
Meanwhile in another semi-final, opting to bat on a cloudy weather conditions Assam were all out for 247 in 90.1 overs against Hyderabad.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Assam opener Jamaluddin Syed Mohammed slammed a fine 92 (173b, 6x4s, 5x6s) and Rishav Dev chipped in with 31.
Hyerabad leggie Akash Bhandari (3/79) was the most successful bowler for his team.
Hyderabad were 20 for no loss in eight overs at the draw of stumps.
Assam: 247 all out in 90.1 overs (J Syed Mohammed 92, Rishav Das 31; Akash Bhandari 3/79 vs Hyderabad 20 no loss in 8 overs.
Gujarat: 396 all out in 99.1 overs (Smit Patel 97, Parthiv Patel 64, Chirag Gandhi 54; Sunil Sam 5/95, Rahil S Shah 4/131) vs TNCA President’s XI.