Delhi youngster Vani Kapoor would be eager to continue her good run and cap the season on a winning note at the 17th and final leg of the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour 2016, to be played at the Noida Golf Course.
The INR 6,00,000 event, featuring 15 professionals and lone amateur Tavleen Batra, will commence on Wednesday.
Vani currently leads the Hero Order of Merit with total earnings of INR 11,35,150 and has posted six wins in 12 appearances.
The Delhi professional edged past Amandeep Drall to take the first position in the money list and a win here will further help her equalise the record for most wins in a season, currently held by Smriti Mehra.
She will however be up against a very strong field and will face a stiff challenge from the likes of Smriti, Amandeep Drall, Gursimar Badwal and Neha Tripathi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Panchkula’s Amandeep, who has posted four wins in 13 appearances this year, is currently occupying the second position on the money list with earnings of INR 11,09,534. She will be a force to reckon with and will look forward to reclaim the top spot on the Hero Order of Merit, a position she gave up to Vani post leg 16 at Lucknow.
Kolkata’s Neha Tripathi, recently back from overseas after a good showing on the Ladies European Tour, is sitting third in the Hero Order of Merit with total earnings of INR 9,97,383.
Neha, who has been consistent throughout the season and has registered two wins so far, will be eager to sign-off with another win under her belt.
Kapurthala’s Gursimar Badwal, occupying the fourth spot in the money list with a total of INR 9,79,200, hasn’t been at her best in the last few events and will be keen to make amends.
Smriti will be aiming to sustain the momentum after her win at Lucknow and finish the year on a high by adding a second title to her tally. She is currently placed seventh in the money list with total earnings of INR 5,67,000.
Hero MotoCorp sponsored Sharmila Nicollet, back after a short absence due to injury, will be another player to watch out for.
Other players in the fray are Pune’s Shweta Galande, Chandigarh’s Saaniya Sharma and the Delhi duo of Ankita Tiwana and Mehar Atwal.
The par 72 golf course in Noida all set to host some of the top professionals in the country. The new season of HWPGT 2017 will commence in January next year.