Three golfers — Diksha Dagar, Arshia Mahant and Sifat Sagoo — shared the top spot after a tight first round in Category A of the 7th Usha DGC Ladies Open Amateur Championship in New Delhi.
Diksha, Arshia and Sifat all carded two-over 74 in the category that features golfers with a 14-handicap and below. This year’s tournament at Delhi Golf Club is witnessing a participation of 105 Indian amateur golfers.
It was quite the contest at the top as Diksha, Arshia and Sifat were engaged in a keen contest.
Sifat had the best first nine, with a score of 37, while Arshia had a 38 and Diksha was two strokes astray. However, the return leg saw Diksha recover splendidly with a two-under 34 card, while Arshia scored a par 36, while Sifat stayed steady at 37, giving all three aggregates of 74.
Diksha, scratch (zero-handicap) golfer, had two bogeys and a double bogey on the first nine, but recovered splendidly with four birdies on the return leg. However, she also had two more bogeys, which cost her the lead.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Arshia also had two bogeys and a double on the first nine, but two birdies gave her a better card. She had three birdies on the back nine too, but a second double bogey on the 12th did not help her cause. Sifat had two bogeys and a birdies in the first nine and the exact configuration in the second, giving her a two-over card.
In Category C (Handicap -26 to -36), Nisha (79) was ahead of Usha Chatrath (80) and Kanwal Verma and Ankita Malhotra (84).