By: Shiv kapur
All four days I stayed in the 70 to 73 zone for my card but came back with the feeling of having a left a shot or two out there. Tied 23rd in a Major is step forward and the next step is to try and get myself more often into Majors. The best way, of course, is to get into top-50 of the world and then one does not need to go through qualifiers like I have had to for all my Major appearances.
For the final day I wanted to try and get as close to top top-10 as possible, but I began bogey-bogey just as I had done in the third round. The difference was that in the third round I had made up quickly with three birdies on the trot, but on Sunday I dropped another bogey on sixth, so it was three-over after six and I was seven-over for the tournament.
But what I am pleased about myself is that I managed to hold my game and did not allow things to worsen. When we reached the 18th, I told myself I could finish well with a birdie. I managed that and it gave me a good feeling as I walked off the course with a final card of 72.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
A top-25 finish at a Major like US Open is certainly something I will cherish and work on improving it. It is back to the European Tour for me, but I feel I have come out of the US Open as a better and a more mature golfer.