By: Shiv kapur
All four days I stayed in the 70 to 73 zone for my card but came back with the feeling of having a left a shot or two out there. Tied 23rd in a Major is step forward and the next step is to try and get myself more often into Majors. The best way, of course, is to get into top-50 of the world and then one does not need to go through qualifiers like I have had to for all my Major appearances.
For the final day I wanted to try and get as close to top top-10 as possible, but I began bogey-bogey just as I had done in the third round. The difference was that in the third round I had made up quickly with three birdies on the trot, but on Sunday I dropped another bogey on sixth, so it was three-over after six and I was seven-over for the tournament.
But what I am pleased about myself is that I managed to hold my game and did not allow things to worsen. When we reached the 18th, I told myself I could finish well with a birdie. I managed that and it gave me a good feeling as I walked off the course with a final card of 72.
A top-25 finish at a Major like US Open is certainly something I will cherish and work on improving it. It is back to the European Tour for me, but I feel I have come out of the US Open as a better and a more mature golfer.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016