Indian golfer Aditi Ashok carded one-under 69 for the second round in succession at the Lacoste Ladies Open de France and put herself in running for a third successive top 10 finish.
Placed tied 12th after the first round, Aditi was three-under 16 holes before ending bogey-bogey on last two holes. She was still two-under and tied 10th, though some players were yet to finish.
In the second round, Aditi birdied the second and third and added a third birdie on par-5 15th and just when she looked well set, she dropped a shot each on the tough back nine. She had dropped three shots on back nine on first day.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In the first round, Aditi overcame a mid-round lapse to return a card of one-under 69 last eveing. At that stage, she was tied 12th, but six shots behind Florentyna Parker (63) at Golf de Chantaco in St Jean-de-Luz.
Aditi opened with a series of seven pars, before draining back-to-back birdies on par-5 seventh and par-4 eighth. She turned in two-under, but immediately hit a rough patch with bogeys on 10th, 11th and 13th to go over par. She fought back to recover with birdies on par-5 15th and par-4 17th to card 69.
Aditi finished in top 10 in past two events on the Ladies European Tour. She finished in tied ninth in Germany and tied sixth in Spain and is now 36th in the Order of Merit and third in the race for the Rookie of the Year.
Beth Allen is now in the lead after second round as she added a 68 to her first round of 64, while Florentyna Parker who had 63 in the first round carded 69 in the second.