Aditi Ashok rounded off the week with a three-under 69, just the way she had started it, but two rounds of 73-74 in between meant her streak of top-10 finishes came to an end at the inaugural Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open here. Aditi finished at three-under 285 and in tied-46th place, after being pulled down by one triple bogey and two doubles in the last three rounds.
Aditi’s nemesis this week was the back. Even though she had 11 birdies on the front nine in four rounds, she had only four plus an eagle on back nine.
However her losses on the back nine with seven bogeys and two doubles proved too costly. She also had a triple on front in the third round.
Aditi will now play her fifth week in a row when she tees up at the Hero Women’s Indian Open, where this week’s winner Beth Allen is also headed.
Meanwhile, Beth Allen of the US equalled the course record with a scorching final round of eight-under-par 64 at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club on Saturday to claim her third Ladies European Tour title.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With four rounds in the 60s, the 34-year-old Californian ended with a 72-hole total of 21-under-par to end three strokes clear of overnight leader Georgia Hall (69).
Fellow Englishwoman Melissa Reid had a 68 to tie for third place with Australian Sarah Kemp (69) while another impressive Californian, the 18-year-old rookie Angel Yin, tied for fifth with Sweden’s Jessica Karlsson and Scotland’s Vikki Laing.
Allen cemented back-to-back wins on the LET and her second title in the space of two months following her success at the Lacoste Ladies Open de France in early September.
Prior to that, she finished second at the Spanish Open. She now has two wins and five further top 10 finishes from 14 starts on the LET in 2016.
With her prize winnings of 74,323.42 euros in Abu Dhabi, Allen moved almost 50,000 euros ahead of Shanshan Feng on the Order of Merit, with three ranking tournaments remaining.
Meanwhile, Icelandic rookie Olafia Kristinsdottir, who opened with rounds of 65 and 66, closed with rounds of 74 and 76 to slip back into a tie for 26th position.