Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane praised his team despite a below par performance following their hard fought victory over Athletic Bilbao which saw them take top spot in the Spanish top flight.
It was not a smooth performance by Real Madrid on Sunday evening as they struggled to overcome a Bilbao side who were missing five of their first team regulars due to injuries.
The game could have gone either way in the second half and Inaki Williams could have earned a point for Bilbao had he not missed a great chance to equalise just minutes from the final whistle when he miscued a chip with Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas out of his ground.
“I don’t think it was a strange game, I thought it was a tough, difficult game. They made it hard for us but I’m happy with the result and the way the game turned out. We had to suffer a little because there is no such thing as an easy game, let alone against such tough opposition,” Zidane was quoted as saying by the Real Madrid website after the game.
“We could perhaps have had more or even less accuracy, but those players gave everything out there. These days there is no such thing as an easy game. You can’t win La Liga without suffering and working hard. We are Real Madrid and everyone seems to expect us to always score five or six goals, but that isn’t the case,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“There was no lack of attitude, we had opposition in front of us who played the game and made things difficult for us. I am happy with the work my players have put in. I liked everything that we did out there. My team look to me like they are raring to go and give all that they have.”
Real Madrid are now on 21 points after nine matches, a solitary point ahead of second placed Sevilla. Defending champions FC Barcelona and Villareal share the third spot with 19 points each.
“It will be this way throughout the season. You have to play well in every game, there are no easy games and you have to suffer right until the last. This is the message I give my players. Today we showed belief and we didn’t down tools, even in the hardest moments. We kept our cool until the goal and I’m both happy and satisfied,” Zidane said.
“We are all together and will continue to be together. What I am taking away from tonight is what we did as a unit, not looking at just one specific player. This is going to be a long journey and we will need everyone.”