Germany’s record goalscorer Miroslav Klose is starting a traineeship with the national team as the retired striker looks to kick off his coaching career, the German Football Association said on Tuesday.
Klose, who helped his country win the 2014 World Cup and became the all-time top scorer at the tournament with 16 goals, ended his playing career last season at Lazio.
“He will undergoing an individual training and trainee programme with the clear aim of starting a coaching career,” the FA said in a statement.
The 38-year-old, who also played for Kaiserslautern, Bayern Munich and Werder Bremen, is Germany’s leading scorer with 71 goals in 137 matches.
“In the past months the thought has matured in me to remain on the pitch with the perspective of the coach,” Klose said. “I would like to thank (Germany coach) Joachim Loew and (sports director) Hansi Flick for the chance to sharpen my perspective in a practical environment.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He will be part of Germany’s coaching team for their World Cup qualifier in San Marino and a friendly against Italy this month.