Valerien Ismael has been appointed head coach of VfL Wolfsburg on a permanent basis after getting his first league win as interim boss, the Bundesliga club have announced.
Wolfsburg’s under-23 coach Ismael was made interim manager last month, replacing Dieter Hecking, who was sacked after a disappointing start to the season, with the club 14th in the 18-team league.
Ismael lost his first two games in charge, to Darmstadt 98 and Bayer Leverkusen, but oversaw a 1-0 victory over second-division side Heidenheim in the German Cup and watched his team beat promoted Freiburg 3-0 in the league on Saturday.
“Together we analysed the complete situation and came to the conclusion that Valerien Ismael is the right head-coach for VfL Wolfsburg,” sports director Klaus Allofs said in a statement.
“An extensive look at all the alternatives proved to us that this is the best solution. This was a decision made of complete conviction.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We said from the start that Valerian would have a chance and, in our opinion, he has made exceptional use of it — not just because the team won in Freiburg on Saturday, but rather because he convinced us with his working methods.”
Wolfsburg are still 14th in the Bundesliga and host Schalke 04 on Nov. 19, when the league resumes after the international break.