Ivory Coast says Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, who played two friendlies for England, has decided to switch international football allegiance to the west African nation.
The announcement comes ahead of the African Cup of Nations, which is being played in the middle of the Premier League season in January.
The 24-year-old Zaha played for England in 2012 and 2013 but because neither match was a competitive fixture, the Abidjan-born player can turn out for Ivory Coast. Zaha moved to London at the age of four with his family.
Ivory Coast’s football federation said on its website that Zaha signed the forms on Sunday to change his sporting nationality and they’re being sent to FIFA. Zaha was pictured with Ivory Coast coach Michel Dussuyer and federation president Sidy Diallo.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More