Former champions Atletico de Kolkata, who secured their first home win of the season, hoped to maintain the winning run and said their primary target now was to make the playoffs of the Indian Super League football.
“We won a great match, I’m absolutely happy for the team. Delhi had a lot of chances to score. But the ball was not on target. We did a great job in attack and defence,” ATK head coach Jose Molina told reporters after their 1-0 win against Delhi Dynamos.
“We want to win three points, going to top of the table is not the first thing in mind at the moment. The target is to qualify for playoffs,” he said ahead of their match against Mumbai City FC on October 25.
Goalkeeper Debjit Majumder pulled off three stunning saves before Prabir Das made a save near the goalline as ATK put up a brilliant defence.
ATK were reduced to 10 players in the 72nd minute and moments later Delhi Dynamos’ Marcelo Leite Pereira missed a penalty and they were lucky to get a penalty in the 76th minute that proved to be the turning point as Iain Hume scored from the spotkick.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Full praise for Majumder, he said: “Debjit had a great performance. He’s working and improving every day. I’m absolutely happy for him. He is proving everyone and he proved today that he’s a great goalkeeper.”
Molina also said their Spanish midfielder Javi Lara was down with fever and it remains to be seen whether he’s fit for Mumbai.
“Lara had fever and vomited. He’s not training last two days.”
Delhi coach Gianluca Zambrotta and captain Florent Malouda said their inability to ‘kill’ the game cost them as they lost to ATK for the first time in five appearances across three seasons.
“We have to learn how to kill the match early. We have had a lot opportunities but could not score. Hope we can learn from this and play better next time,” the Delhi coach said.
Malouda said: “We are not happy with the result. It’s a difficult moment for us going back with zero point. But there’s still a long way to go. There would be many more opportunities.”
Delhi next face FC Pune City at home October 27.