Less than a year after pushing to leave Manchester United, Wayne Rooney committed his long-term future to the struggling Premier League champion on Friday by signing a lucrative new contract through June 2019. The 28-year-old’s future at United has been mired in uncertainty since Chelsea tried to sign him last year, and he had only 18 months remaining on his current deal.
But Rooney now looks set to end his playing career at the club he has been at since 2004 after signing a new contract, reportedly worth up to 300,000 pounds ($501,000) a week. The deal makes Rooney the league’s top earner, and softens the blow of potentially not playing in Europe. In the first season since David Moyes replaced Alex Ferguson, United is seventh in the league with 12 matches remaining.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
AS part of the new contract, Rooney will become a club ambassador when his playing career ends. And already, he is central to the club’s global marketing operation, as one of the team’s most high-profile players. “I’ve been here since I was 18 and this contract will take me through to my 30s, which is almost my entire professional career,” Rooney said.