Everton manager Ronald Koeman has said he would be interested in bringing Wayne Rooney back to Goodison Park from Manchester United. The striker’s future has been uncertain since he was dropped by United manager Jose Mourinho last month, with possible moves to the United States and China being touted. A return to his boyhood club which he left for United for 27 million pounds ($32.87 million) in 2004 would offer the 31-year-old Rooney a way to stay in the Premier League without even moving from his Cheshire home.
Asked on Friday if he would like to sign Rooney, Koeman said: “He is a great player and he still hasn’t finished his career. I don’t know what his situation is, I need to respect that.
“But even if there is a possibility that Rooney was an option for Everton, I would be very pleased.”
Rooney’s dealings with Everton have been strained, with some supporters critical of the way he left, but he has also been linked with a return by his former Everton team mate Leon Osman.
“I think he has been mending bridges for a couple of seasons now and you know he is an Evertonian at heart,” Osman said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I am pretty sure he would love to come back and I hope it happens.”
Rooney has not started a league game for United since facing Watford on Sept. 18 and missed last weekend’s rout by Chelsea with injury.