At a time when some big players have decided to move to China to be part of the lucrative Chinese Premier League, Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney has rejected a move to Beijing Guoan during the summer, it has been revealed.
Rooney was out of favour in Jose Mourinho’s first team this season following a poor performances but returned for the 3-1 win over Swansea City on Sunday in which he had two assists.
According to Beijing Guoan honorary chairman Luo Ning, the Chinese club had approached Rooney — who reportedly earns in excess of £300,000 (around $371,677) a week on a contract which runs until 2019 — before the start of the current season, only to be turned down.
“We indeed made an approach for Rooney at the beginning of the season but he’s informed us that he wants to stay in Manchester United,” the Daily Mail quoted Ning as saying on a Bejing sports radio show on Wednesday.
“Rooney says he’ll keep playing in the Premier League as long as his health allows. We even met with his agent (Paul Stratford).”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Rooney is currently on international duty with England, where he is expected to captain his country in Friday’s World Cup qualifier against Scotland.