Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie suffered an eye injury in their latest win against Akhisar Belediyespor in the Turkish Super Lig. Van Persie had scored the first goal in Fenerbahce’s 3-1 victory. 13 minutes after the goal, the Dutchman was fightin for the ball inside the opposition box when his head collided with an Akhisar player.
Van Persie went down immediately and was taken off the field in a stretcher. Images flooded the internet of van Persie with a bloodied patch on his eye and there were fears that the striker may have lost eyesight out of the collision. It apparently took nearly 15 minutes for an ambulance to arrive following which, the team doctor is reported as saying that Van Persie was take to an ophthalmologist. “After the investigations we learned that nothing important happened. We survived and waited for the ambulance. His condition is good,” the Sun reported him as saying.
Robin van Persie joined Turkish giants in 2015 after falling out of favour at Manchester United under Louis Van Gaal. He is best known for his stints at United and arch rivals Arsenal. Van Persie spent 8 years with the Gunners for whom he scored nearly 100 goals in all competitions. He played at Manchester United and is credited for playing a major role to powering them to a runaway Premier League title with four games to spare in 2012, the last year of Sir Alex ferguson’s tenure at the helm of affairs at Old Trafford. Injuries under successive managers led to Van Persie’s demotion from being Manchester United’s main striker.
He recently played against United in Fenerbahce’s 4-1 defeat at Old Trafford in the Europa League. Van Persie scored his side’s only goal and was given a standing ovation by the Manchester United fans after the effort. Van Persie also was captain of Netherlands in Euro 2016.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More