Russia’s national football team is often attacked for poor performances but players will be paying special attention to their latest critic.
With the 2018 World Cup hosts struggling on the field, Vladimir Putin isn’t amused.
The Russian president said “to be honest, we haven’t seen beautiful play from the national team for a long time.”
Speaking two days after Russia lost 2-1 to Qatar in a friendly, Putin’s remarks were reported by state news agencies on Saturday.
Russia has won just one of its last 10 games and crashed out of this summer’s European Championship without winning a game. Despite all this, the team has been set a target of reaching the semifinals in 2018.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Russia’s next game is a friendly against Romania on Tuesday in Grozny, the capital of the Russian region of Chechnya.